Behavioural Science Academy
The Behavioural Science Academy will be run by Change Leaders from across a wide range of organisations in South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw.
Would you like to lead the way and become a Behavioural Science Change Facilitator by enrolling in the Behavioural Science Academy?
- Are you curious about what makes the people in our population make the choices that they do?
- Are you able to look outside your own role and area to find new ways to improve the way we work?
- Are you a keen problem solver who likes to get things done?
- Are you passionate about making a difference to the people you serve?
- Do you want to join likeminded people across South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw to learn Behavioural Science skills and embed Behavioural Science in your day-to-day activities to influence health care outcomes?
- Are you able to take the necessary time away from your day job to attend? You will need to appropriate support to cover your work whilst you are studying (Roughly 20 days over a 9–12-month period).
Sheffield Microsystem Coaching Academy
The Sheffield Microsystem Coaching Academy is established to improve quality, safety and value within the Sheffield health and care system through coaching interdisciplinary professional groups to provide exceptional care and continuously improve efficacy and effectiveness.
This is a six-month training course where participants will learn to coach and develop skills within a team, so they are equipped to recognise and implement change successfully and sustainably in the future.
Flow Coaching Academy
The Flow Coaching course is a one-year action-learning programme in improvement and team-coaching skills. The programme trains participants to coach their colleagues and enable them to make improvements to care within a specific pathway. This is coupled with improvement science methods that have been rigorously tested and refined in the NHS over more than 10 years.
Participants learn the key behavioural principles, improvement tools and the evidence base for how to improve care and then apply practical techniques to identify and test the change. The course is now being delivered virtually and welcomes applications from those working in Sheffield and across the UK.
Foundations in System Leadership; collaborating for health and care
The NHS Leadership Academy has launched ‘The Foundations in System Leadership; collaborating for health and care programme’. All colleagues working in health, care, local authorities, and voluntary sector partnerships, who have a desire to design and deliver better health outcomes for the communities they serve can enrol.
An introduction to leading with kindness and compassion in health and social care
The King’s Fund have launched their first online leadership development course on FutureLearn. This free introductory course is designed to introduce learners to some of the foundations of leadership, kindness and compassion and why this is more important than ever in health and social care.