The following updates were given in April 2023:
- A codesigned (across health and social care) ‘Team Sheffield’ falls prevention pathway is in development.
- Test of change in partnership with Sheffield City Council, offering a 4-week falls prevention programme for people in council housing with an aim of improving understanding of their anticipatory care needs.
- Review of Apps for smartphones or tablets that support exercise management of falls prevention completed.
- Implementation of new ‘Pink Card’, provision of the ‘Sheffield Specialist Palliative Medicines Management Framework’, cross-sector roll out of the syringe pump switch project, review of the Sheffield Palliative Care Community pharmacy stock and the Sheffield Palliative Care Formulary.
- Evaluation of the Stroke Emotional Support counsellor role is complete with recommendation for continuation of this service.
- Funding identified to support the Voluntary Community Sector to scope how the sector can contribute to anticipatory care offer going forward including development of tests of change.