The Sheffield Health and Care Partnership has developed five key priorities for delivery over the course of 2023 – 2025. The priorities draw together our collective ambition as set out in our vision statement. The process for developing these five priorities included:
- Listening to the needs of our communities: We conducted listening exercises to understand the needs of patients and the public. We shaped our priorities through proactive engagement with Sheffield’s diverse communities, focusing on a need to address equality and inclusion, and improve our support to patients and the public.
- Focusing on health inequalities: We reviewed population health data, including health outcomes and the wider determinants of health, to focus our partnership’s efforts in the most deprived areas of the city.
The priority areas identified are:
- Discharge and further development of the ‘Home First’ model
- Same Day Access to Care
- Mental Health Crisis (All Ages)
- Neurodiversity Services and Support
- Building a Model Neighbourhood.
The Sheffield Place Partnership Plan 2023 – 2025 viewed below describes further detail on each of these priorities and how they were decided.
The Sheffield Health and Care Delivery Groups will be leading on the delivery of these areas of work, alongside other work which, by working in partnership, we know will have additional benefits to the population of Sheffield. The oversight of this work will be managed through the HCP governance structures which can be viewed here.
This new Sheffield Partnership Plan builds on the work the Sheffield HCP started when it developed the Shaping Sheffield plan in 2019. This drew on feedback from our staff and the public about what a good health and care system would look like in Sheffield.
The plan set out our partnership priorities and planned outcomes running up to 2024 and focussed on, acknowledging the wider factors that shape our population’s health. The five priorities in the plan took a lifetime approach:
- Starting Well
- All Age Mental Health
- Promoting Prevention
- Neighbourhood Development
- Ageing Well
See below for the Shaping Sheffield plan and a summary document.